This is my life. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lemonade...


Well, I was back in the kitchen again today...cooking.  Well, I guess not cooking because I didn't have to get a pot/pan out.  I didn't even have to turn on the stove or oven.  I guess I didn't really didn't cook anything....I mixed something.  haha.  (To me, that's a form of cooking...)  I have been in the mood for some fresh lemonade the way my mother used to make it when I was growing up.  I thought that I could remember how to make it from my memory of watching her.  I think I succeeded!!!  It isn't totally ready yet, but it's already good.  
To make "Three Dogs & a Fish's World Famous Better Than You Ever Had Fresh Lemonade" all you need is:
  • Pitcher 
  • Water
  • Lemons (4-7---depends on how big your pitcher is)
  • Sugar or a sugar substitute
  1. Fill pitcher 3/4 full with water
  2. Add sugar to desired sweetness (I have a BIG pitcher.  So, I used 1 1/2 cups of Splenda...we shall see if that is too sweet...)
  3. Cut the ends off of the lemons (put these to the side)
  4. Slice your lemons into whatever thickness you like and add them to your pitcher
  5. Stir lightly
  6. Add more water to fill up the pitcher
  7. Stir lightly again
  8. Refrigerate overnight 
  9. Take the ends of the lemons that you cut off in Step 3 and throw them in the garbage disposal, turn on, result...clean garbage disposal
I do remember that you are NOT suppose to squeeze a lemon into the lemonade because this will result in SOUR tasting lemonade.  That is also why you "Stir Lightly."  (Look at me writing a recipe! haha.)

If you have a recipe for lemonade, let me know!  You Live, You Learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment