This is my life. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Splish Splash...

Well, today was bath day for the dogs. Oh how they enjoyed it! Once they heard the water turning on in the laundry room, they immediately ran as fast as they could...in the opposite direction...barking...then hiding, hoping that I wouldn't find them. (Except for Hope....the blind and deaf one). Since I didn't have to run after Hope, she was the lucky number one. She did a great job! She always has been a great dog.  She stood very still, well, actually she shivered the whole time, but on the bright side she didn't try to run away. 
Prada and Louie began sneaking their way back into the laundry room.  Apparently, they got brave enough to check on Hope and make sure everything was okay.  I had to act fast, but I was able to shut the door so they couldn't escape again.  
Louie was lucky number two!  He didn't do so well.  I don't know why he is so scared of a bath.  It must be that he is so small, so everything seems so HUGE to him.  I tried to comfort him and tell him "You're a good dog" and "Oh, you're so pretty" (all in a high-baby talk voice).  I don't think he likes to be comforted.  He must have thought I was saying "You're a bad bad dog" and "Oh, you just stink."  But, I kept tell him that everything was going to be okay and that when we were finished he was going to be so pretty and smell so good.  
Prada, Prada, Prada...She wasn't too excited about the bath, but she endured it.  Maybe she realized that Hope and Louie BOTH went in the water and BOTH came out...alive. Or, maybe she was so scared she couldn't move.  Either way, I didn't complain.  I comforted her by telling her "You're the prettiest dog in the world!" But all I kept getting from her were dirty looks.  
For Hope, I use KetoChlor by Virbac Animal Health.  It's a medicated shampoo that can be used on dogs, cats, and horses.  Since she is sixteen years old (in human years--God only knows how old she is in dog years), the vet said that she may be prone to getting skin infections.  For Prada and Louie, I use Perfect Coat 8-in-1 Natural Oatmeal.  It naturally moisturizes their coat.
(Raising my margarita glass) "Here's to bath time!"  You live, You learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment