This is my life. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tune-riffic Tuesday

So... I forgot to post Tune-riffic Tuesday yesterday. So, here's Tune-riffic Wednesday!

This month Tune-riffic Tuesday will highlight PINK

Today's song is "Mean" by PINK. "Mean" is about when/how a relationship goes bad. It has a southern blues/rock feel to it. It starts out with a 30 second guitar intro. The words are so powerful and full of emotion. Full of hope, full of dreams, full of going back, full of faith, full of confusion.

(I do need to do a disclaimer because she does say 2 curse words in the 1st verse.)

"How did we get so mean?
How do we just move on?
How do you feel in the morning when it comes
And everything's undone?
Is it 'cause we wanna be free?
Well, that's not me.
Normally I'm so strong
I just can't wake up on the floor
Like a thousand times before
Knowing that forever won't be

I know we said somethings that we can never take back
It's like a train wreck, trying to hit the right track
We opened up the wine, and we just let it breathe
but we shoulda drank it down while it was still sweet
It all goes bad eventually"


No comments:

Post a Comment